Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Lets talk about reds

I never used to wear red lipsticks, I always thought they made me look pale and washed out but as I started trying different tones and finishes I found a few reds that I enjoy using and seem to get compliments on when I wear them.




The first is from Rimmel By Kate Matte Lipstick in the Shade 107. Its completely matte and isn't that drying compared to some of the others I have tried. Not a shade id typically chose but with such a big hype in the blogging world I had to give it a go. Its a dark, vampy, berry colour. It lasts for ages on the lips even without a lip liner. Plus its only £5.50 so its a real bargain.   


Another one of my loves is from NYX it's one of their Soft Matte Lip Creams. The shade is Monte Carlo and its more of a true red and has a blue tone to it, great for making teeth look white in photos. The Lip Creams are £6.50 but you can pick them up cheaper online. I wouldn't say its 100% matte as its got a slight sheen when it dries. It also wears brilliantly it stains the lips so even after eating or drinking you still have a bit of colour on them.

The last of my go to reds is one I never thought i'd actually own, I was browsing the local MUA stand in Sperdrug and I came across the one direction collection (who would have thought such a thing existed). Surprisingly I fell in love with a lipstick its in the shade 'Harry' and its a glossy red, slightly on the dark side but still a true red. Yes the packaging is tacky and so is the name but its only £3.00 so you can't be to fussy, the product its self if gorgeous. 


(L-R 107/Monte Carlo/Harry)

Whats your go to red lipstick?

Thanks for reading xx



6 comments:

  1. I love the first lipstick by Rimmel! I love darker reds :) xx x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so surprised at how nice the One direction lipstick is! I'm kinda anti-boyband so wouldn't go near this sort of thing! Definitely proves don't judge a book by it's cover! How much is it??

    cottonandcandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I never would have thought of buying a product like that it was just a lucky find, It was £3 I believe bargain!! xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love red lipstick, definitely my fave shade of lipstick! My go to red is 'MAC Red' by MAC... Surprisingly hahah x

    www.itslittlelaurenslooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one I will have to check it out, a MAC lipstick collection is coming soon I do have a few reds from them! x

      Delete