Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

Tiny MAC Haul

Hello Sweeties, Hope you are all having a lovely day even though the weather is horrible and cold and damp. The January blues have hit me and to cheer myself up I took a trip to Bluewater and dragged my boyfriend to the MAC counter. 

I had a list of things to buy but unfortunately one of those items was out of stock and it was of course Soar Lip Liner thanks to Kylie Jenner but i managed to pick up the following things...

MAC Cream Colour Base - Hush - £15.50

MAC describe this product as a 'versatile and multi-purpose product' and that is exactly what it is it can be used as a blusher, highlighter, lip colour and even on the eyelids. I have wanted to get my hands on this ever since it was used on me whilst I was taking part in a MAC workshop whilst studying make-up. When it was applied on me i didn't think much of it I just assumed it was a pretty cream blush/highlighter. It wasn't until I got home and looked in the mirror that i realized just how special it was, it gave the skin an amazing glow but with no glitter. I am a hardcore fan of Soft and Gentle MSF but this blew that out of the water it was more natural, longer lasting and more flattering for my skin tone.






  

Unfortunately natural daylight wasn't helping me out today so I've had to use the flash to get the amazing reflective sheen to show up in the photos. It slightly washes out the colour in the pan but it gives you an idea of how the product shows up on your face in photos! If you haven't had a swatch of this I recommend taking a look at it next time your near a MAC.




MAC Strobe Cream - £24.50

Strobe cream is marketed as a moisturizer on the MAC website, although I don't plan to use it on an everyday basis and more of an illuminating base on days where my skin needs a bit of a boost. I haven't tried any 'skincare' products from MAC so I am excited to see how i get on with this. It is a very very very light pearl toned cream so i'm not sure how well this would work on much darker skin tones, I am going to get some of my friends to try this out so I will update you on how versatile it is and how it works on not so pale people like myself. It smells AMAZING very clean and almost like a spa product. The packaging for the strobe cream is disappointing the box it comes in is lovely it has embossing on the outside and the inside, then when you take it out the box it looks cheap and boring although MAC packaging is known for being simple I think they could have created something that looks a little more high end, what do you think?



       


                                                                                  




Obviously these are just first impressions as I have only just got them, I will do a proper review with pictures of them on the face once I have had a chance to road test them! 


Thanks for reading x

2 comments:

  1. The goodies you picked up sound lovely. I'm hoping MAC are having a mass production of Soar lipliners & Velvet Teddy lipsticks as they are constantly sold out :(

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I asked whilst in the store and even the lady said she was surprised they hadn't sorted out the problem, they could make so much money. Just have to keep checking the website and hope we will get our hands on them soon!x

      Delete