Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Sunday Shopping Trip



Not knowing what to do on a Sunday afternoon I thought i'd go into my local high street and have a look around the shops, something I shouldn't do as It always results in me spending to much money. I only brought a few little bits but I thought I'd share them with you. 



MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter - £3.00

I wanted to try and find some quality budget make up, I've never really used anything from MUA as I do think you pay for quality. 

But whilst i was looking I did see 2 interesting looking products the first being this highlighter there were 2 choices this pink toned one and a more yellow/gold toned shade (I couldn't see any shade names, if anyone is aware of them please let me know).

 I chose the pink as i thought it could possibly be a dupe for MAC Soft and Gentle. 

The packaging is horrible and very plastic looking but it keeps the product safe and its compact, for £3.00 its exactly what you would expect. 



It looks lovely most cheaper highlighters seem to have big chunks of glitter but this is more of a subtle shimmer as you can see in the swatch below, I can't wait to start trying this out and will be posting my thoughts in a few weeks.





MUA Undress Your Skin Under Eye Concealer - £3.00

This is a concealer specifically for under eyes, it is available in 3 shades Brilliance, Luminous and Radiance. I picked up Radiance as it looked like the lightest shade as I love a brightening concealer. 


The packaging is typical for under eye concealers a thin tube with brush applicator that has to be twisted to allow the product to flow into the brush. The only problem with this style of applicator is that you can't see how much product you have left. The brush isn't as soft as some others I have tried but I usually blend it out with a brush or my finger so it isn't to much of a problem. 


The colour of the product is very very yellow toned, I like yellow tones as i find they really  brighten up my skin. It seems to have a small amount of glitter added to it although this is a nice idea to add to the brightening effect i'm not sure how this will look on the skin.



As you can see it is pretty full coverage for an under eye concealer so it will be interesting to see how well it wears and if it creases.  


Superdrug Curl Clips - £1.59 for 10

I hope i'm not the only one that loves these clips whenever I do any sort of curling to my hair I always roll the curl and set it using a clip, in my house clips seem to disappear all the time so i took advantage of the buy one get one half price offer and picked up a few packs of these to keep me going.



Dove Nourishing Oil Care Repair Mask - £1.99

I love dove hair care so when i saw this mask in savers for only £1.99 i couldn't resist i have used the moisturizing dove hair mask and loved it, so i have high hopes for this one too. It usually costs £4.59 in boots and I would pay full price for this but I was so pleased to see it for half the price, who doesn't love a bargain?



It smells lovely and fresh its such a thick mask that i cant imagine needing to use more then an egg sized amount to cover my hair so it should last a while. It contains Argon Oil and Vitamins E and F, brilliant for people like myself who colour their hair and constantly use heat on it. 

Girls With Attitude Carnaby Lashes - £1.99

These were another Savers bargain as on the Girls With Attitude Website their lashes are around £5.00+. I have had the Carnaby lashes before and love them they aren't to big and they feel light on the eyes. I wouldn't be able to get more the 2 uses out of these lashes as the quality isn't amazing but for £1.99 i don't mind that. When i wear this lashes i will add some photos so you can see how they look. 



I wouldn't use the glue that comes with these lashes as it isn't very sticky and doesn't dry 100% clear, I use they Eylure or Duo glue and they both work brilliantly with these lashes. They also look lovely as corner lashes because of they way they fan out, if a full lash is to much for you then just snip them in half and it gives a more subtle look. I don't know about you but I don't like to spend a lot of money on lashes as I don't wear them enough. 

What are you favorite Lash brands?

Thanks for reading

xx

2 comments:

  1. Love those curl clips! those lashes are so pretty, I'd love to try them!

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are great, make such a difference with the curls lasting throughout the day! x

    ReplyDelete