Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Revlon Lip Butters

The Revlon Lip Butters aren't anything new in fact I think they were launched in the UK in 2011 or 2012. I own two of them and I wasn't that impressed although both the shades I own are pink and I believe that the formulas are very hit and miss depending on the colour so maybe that's were I've gone wrong. They cost around £8.00 each but Revlon often has offers so you can usually pick them up on a 2 for £10 or something similar. 


Lollipop 075


Lollipop is the brightest most pigmented shade I own, it is a deep purpleish blue toned pink and I don't find myself using it that often at all, I find that unless I have perfectly conditioned and exfoliated lips that the colour applies patchy and uneven, clinging very very obviously to any dead skin or dry patches.  

The left swatch is just one swipe of the lipstick and the second swatch is a opaque as i could get the colour. As the lipstick is so cool toned is makes teeth look very white.



Strawberry Shortcake - 080




This has to be my most used Lip Butter out of the two, it is the most wearable, moisturizing and flattering for my skin tone. I love that its a pink but not so bright on the lips that its not wearable, its a colour you can put on without a mirror and not worry that you have got lipstick everywhere like you have to with a brighter shade. The swatches are the same as above the thinner swatch is a single swipe and the thicker watch is the  colour after a few swipes.



I really want to try some of the nude shades they do, can anyone recommend a good one? 

Thanks for reading.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment