Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

My Experience With Hair Extensions

I have never been one of those girls with hair down to their waists. I would always try to  grow my hair and it would get to just below my shoulders and then just stop, I've dyed my hair for as long as I can remember and the bleaching and chemicals haven't helped.

So last Christmas I decided to get myself the hair I'd always wanted, I invested in 'Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions' These are strands of hair that are bonded together with and adhesive such as glue or keratin. They bonds are melted to your own hair and can last for up to 6 months with the proper care and maintenance. I had 3 different sheds of blonde added to match my hair colour and they were 16 inches in length. 

I know lots of people are very anti-extension due to hearing horror stories but I can honestly say my hair was in the same condition after having them then it was before. If you find a well trained technician who applies them and removes them in the correct way and you look after them with the proper after care you shouldn't have any problems.

I have had 3 sets of these extensions over a year and a half and loved them they are almost invisible and can be styled just like your normal hair. 

The only differences I found were that you cant let them air dry or apply conditioner to the bonds as it will destroy them and the hair will start to fall out, you also have to make sure the bonds are separated every few days to prevent matting. 

Here are a few photos of when I had the extensions fitted.







Have you tried any types of semi permanent extensions? 

If you have any questions or want to know anything about the extensions please ask!!

Thanks for reading.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment