Pages

Friday 9 January 2015

My Everyday Face

I have a lot of make-up anyone who knows me will tell you that. Its become an obsession i can't go into a Debenhams or House of Fraser without taking a sneaky look at the counters. 

Boots and Superdrug are even more dangerous places for me as everything is so reasonably priced I usually don't leave empty handed. 

Because of this I have a lot of products just sitting on my dressing table that never get used (who needs 12 foundations? I only have one face). So recently I've tried to get my everyday base down to a few things that actually work for me, i'm hoping that in the long run this will stop me spending money or trying every new foundation/concealer/powder that comes out as I will have a routine that i'm happy with instead of just changing it around everyday and never falling in love with a product.   

So these are the products that are working for me at the moment and if right now I lost any of these or they ran out I would need to repurchases them. 


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation-£5.99

I am extremely pleased that i fell in love with this foundation, I am happy to splurge on base products so i would have happily spent £30+ on something that works so the fact this is so cheap is brilliant. It is a very natural foundation that claims to  'reawaken skin and give it a radiant, healthy glow' and lives up to that. 

It lasts all day with a powder applied on top without a setting powder it isn't so great. The only thing i would say is I can only seem to see 6 shades available in the UK stores so might not be great for all of you. 


Mac Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer-£15.50

The best only concealer i think i will ever use, I know that is a big claim but its amazing. This will cover anything and everything not to mention the longevity of the product it applies as a cream but dries to more of a powder finish that will stay put all day.  

I have had this tiny pot for a long time as you can see the MAC label has pretty much diapered, but its still just as creamy as when I first got it and i have loads left as you only need the smallest amount. I also used this product to cover tattoos whilst i was at college so its pretty heavy duty stuff.

 With 15 shades to chose from I cant imagine anyone not loving this.  

BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation-£15.00

Yes this is foundation, but for me it works best as a setting powder. Using this as a foundation just doesn't work for me its patchy, clings to everything and doesn't give me enough coverage but as a powder its my holy grail setting product. 

I apply a light dusting of this all over my face and it gives me just enough coverage and  keeps my make up in place not to mention stopping my oily skin making an appearance during the day.

 Now I will be honest if you are heavy handed with this it can go horribly wrong and be cakey. 

Have you used BareMinerals? How did you get on with their products?

Here is  a photo of these products on the skin. Hopfully you can see how natural they are and that the colour matches my neck pretty well. 


Thanks for reading
xx

6 comments:

  1. I love the Wake Me Up Foundation, it has been for years can't find another foundation to beat it. I also love the Mac Conealer, you have reminded me I need to repurchase this! I have never tried Bare Minerals though, I must give them a try.

    GreyWalls 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its amazing looks exactly like a high end foundation on the skin. Everyone I talk to loves the concealer it is amazing. Yes BareMinerals is worth a try their primer is amazing under the Wake Me Up!x

      Delete
  2. great post! I have a feeling your blog will be a massive success! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just bought the Mac Studio Finish Concealer and loves it! So, great pick there! Plus, I love your blog name. It's so cute :)

    http://novellette.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a lovely concealer cant recommend it enough! Ahh thank you thats really nice such a hard thing to chose! x

    ReplyDelete