Pages

Sunday 29 March 2015

What Do We Think Of Hats?

Every time I see someone in a nice hat I always wish I could pull one off, Im fine with a beanie and I can even somehow manage to think I look ok in a straw hat in the summer but when it comes to big, floppy statement hats I think that as soon as I put it on everyone will laugh.

When I see them in the shops I try it on, look in the mirror and take it off as quickly as I can,hoping that know one saw me.

But I was in Primark picking up my usual basics and I saw one of the hats I'd been wanting to pull off so I grabbed it and put it in my already very full basket. 

I had every intention of playing around with it at home, trying to make it work with a few different outfits and hairstyles realising that I would look silly and take it back.

When I got home from shopping and was showing my boyfriend the things Id brought I tried on the hat and to my surprise he didn't burst out laughing (and he would, we are very honest with each other, if one of us doesn't like something we say it) He thought it looked ok and so did my mum so the next day we went out to a pub and I wore the hat!!!

Now when we were buying drinks I was sure the lady behind the bar was looking at me in a strange way but I think that I was paranoid about trying something new, kind of like when you wear a bright lipstick for the first time you make yourself believe everyone else you see thinks you look like a drag queen.

I put a photo from the day on Instagram and was surprised at how many people complimented me on the hat.



So now I feel like me and that hat are starting to get along. What do you think?

Thanks for reading?xx

4 comments:

  1. No, you look lovely in the hat! I must admit I always try to quickly try a hat on as quick as possible just in case I look like an idiot haha! I have a fedora which I love but I just never know when to wear it! cottonandcandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, I know im the same with sunglasses, need to be tried on in private so you can have a proper good look. xx

      Delete
  2. I think hats are brill! You look lovely in this one. I always seem to feel like a bit of an idiot wearing a hat but if it looks fabulous - why not ey?

    Thank you so much for the follow on Bloglovin, I have followed back as you have a lovely blog and you are so beautiful!

    Cant wait to see more!

    Laura (Smile At Style) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely comment that has made my day. x

      Delete